Arroz a la Cubana
Adapted from Panlasang Pinoy
500g beef mince
500g pork mince
1 medium yellow onion, minced
20g minced garlic
1 medium tomato, diced
50g (2 tablespoons) tomato paste
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
100g frozen peas
1 carrot, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
Salt (or fish sauce), and pepper – to taste.
Olive oil – as required for cooking.
To serve: rice, fried egg, fried banana
1. Cook the garlic, onion, and tomato in a large pan until tomato becomes soft
2. Add the beef & pork mince, and continue cooking until browned
3. Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes until liquid evaporates.
4. Add the carrots and peas, then cover and cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes. Stir in raisins in the last minute or two.
5. Serve with rice, fried egg, and fried banana
– Recipe yields 6 servings
– Each serving (meat only) contains ~339 calories, 26g carbs, 39g protein, and 8g fat
– Each serving (with 50g – dry weight – of rice) contains ~521 calories, 66g carbs, 41g protein, and 8g fat
- Posted in: Main Meals
- Tagged: arroz a la cubana, beef mince, bell peppers, capsicum, carrot, cooking, Cuban style rice, dinner ideas, Filipino recipes, fish sauce, fried bananas, fried eggs, ground beef, ground pork, healthy recipes, metric, pork mince, raisins, rice dishes, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce