Spaghetti Frittata (Baked)
30g (1 oz) butter
125g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper (capsicum) seedeed & chopped (~200g)
125g (4 oz) ham, sliced
80g (½ cup, 125ml) frozen peas
1 cup (250ml) cream or milk (skim was used here)
100g (3½ oz) spaghetti, cooked & chopped (weighed before cooking)
2 tablespoons (40ml) chopped fresh parsley
25g (¼ cup, ¾ oz) freshly grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4) and grease a 23cm (9 inch) flan dish with oil or melted butter/margarine.
2. Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the capsicum to the pan and cook for 1 more minute, then stir in the ham and peas.
4. Remove pan from the heat, allowing the mixture to cool slightly.
5. In a bowl whisk the eggs, cream/milk, salt, and pepper together.
6. Add the mushroom mixture to the bowl along with the spaghetti and parsley.
7. Pour the entire mixture into the prepared dish, sprinkle with Parmesan, and bake until cooked (original recipe said 25-30 minutes, but my attempt took an hour)
– Recipe yields 4 servings
– Each serving contains ~373 calories, 28g carbs, 22g protein, and 16g fat